BAKERY SUPERVISOR: COTSWOLDS
We are looking for a passionate, artisan Bakery Supervisor to join our busy bakery team at Daylesford.
Full Time contract, 40 hours per week. You will work 5 shifts across 7 days, 8 hours per day between 5 pm to 2 am.
About the role
As a Bakery Supervisor you are responsible for supervising the efficient, safe and high quality bakery products. You will be working towards producing the highest-quality baked goods at our organic farm in rural Gloucestershire and working amongst a team of Bakers who strive to give the best performance in order to work efficiently, safely and appropriately at all times.
You will be working within a fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding environment, and your duties will include the following: preparation of ingredients, mixing, kneading, shaping, proving, baking, packing and cleaning.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team-player with a passion for artisan bread, a variety of baking methods/techniques, and great quality organic produce. They should possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, an eagerness to learn and develop, should take pride in their work, and should never overlook poor standards. We use a mixture of traditional and industrial baking methods, and previous experience in either is beneficial but not essential.
Daylesford was founded by Carole Bamford in the 1970s out of a simple passion for real food and sustainable practices. Today, our organic farm, farmshops and restaurants have made us one of the most pioneering and ethical food brands in the UK. If sustainable values really matter to you, you will thrive at Daylesford.
- To oversee the execution of all baked products as per company specifications
- To ensure that all Bakery preparation is completed in a timely and professional manner
- To adhere to the organic standards as set out by the Soil Association
- To propose and develop new products to deliver exciting innovation to our consumers
- To supervise the team in ensuring that all food production duties are carried out with care and diligence to guarantee the production of a consistently high standard of product, along with minimal levels of wastage
- To aid the Bakery Manager in the fulfilment of the production unit’s annual financial/budgetary targets
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holiday)
- 50% staff food discount
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
Apply to this role
If you wish to apply to this role, email your application to email@example.com with ‘Bakery Supervisor’ in your email subject.