SOUS CHEF: COTSWOLDS
We are currently looking for a passionate Sous Chef available to start immediately. Competitive salary plus tronc, 30% staff discount, development and many other benefits. Immediate start!
About the role
The role is a fast paced café/restaurant role – we have multiple service operations including a busy lunch café, an evening dining room and a Pizza/Josper/Rotisserie restaurant. The role will require you to support the Head Chef in the day to day management of a large kitchen team of up to 14 staff, delivering exceptionally high quality food for up to 400 covers per day. A strong understanding of cost control and experience in man management is essential. You will also have access to some of the finest produce in the country, seasonal highlights from our on-site Bakery, Creamery, Patisserie, Market Garden and Livestock/Game to design your menus and specials. We only open in the evenings Thursday to Saturday so the role is predominantly daytime hours though we do have some Private Events and Supper Clubs held on other days.
You will be a professional, friendly and hardworking chef who has had plenty of experience in kitchens at Junior Sous Chef level and above. You should have a real passion and understanding for seasonal produce and the ability to turn them into delicious Daylesford specials.
Daylesford was founded by Carole Bamford in the 1970s out of a simple passion for real food and sustainable practices. Today, our organic farm, farmshops and restaurants have made us one of the most pioneering and ethical food brands in the UK. If sustainable values really matter to you, you will thrive at Daylesford.
- To execute the café menu brilliantly and follow the specs compiled by Executive Chef
- To deliver creative, seasonal, on brand specials, highlighting produce from the farm, using that week’s hero produce as communicated at the weekly MMM & linked to theme where appropriate
- To ensure happy and motivated team of food lovers
- To assist the head chef managing the kitchen rota effectively to deliver labour targets
- To work alongside the head chef to maintain a safe workplace and take H&S responsibility for Farm kitchens
- To ensure the cleaning rota is followed and adhered to at all times
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary plus tronc
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% staff food discount
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Our beautiful uniform
Apply to this role
If you wish to apply to this role, email your application to mailto:email@example.com ‘Sous Chef Opportunities’ in your email subject.