COOKERY SCHOOL MANAGER: COTSWOLDS
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Cookery School Manager to join our team at Daylesford Farm.
About the role
Daylesford is a community with food at its heart. From our home on our 2500-acre organic farm set in the idyllic Cotswolds, a day at the Cookery School is a must for anyone who shares our passion for real food. From classic courses such as Quick & Simple Suppers and Seasonal Dinner Party, to specialised courses like Artisan Bread Making, Nose to Tail Butchery or Ferments to Eat and Drink, you’ll find practical and imaginative courses to suit all interests.
We are looking for a Cookery School Manager to join our existing team and guide to the school to the next level. This is a hands-on and varied role – teaching courses and assisting customers to overall responsibility for the continued success of the school. As well as being an experienced Chef and Tutor you will possess excellent people management skills and an entrepreneurial streak. Coaching and developing our team of Tutors and creating new business plans to drive growth for the Cookery School. As a passionate foodie, you’ll need have an excellent understanding of quality ingredients and be up to date on the latest food trends. You will oversee the health & safety standards within the school and teaching area. Although we are focused on home-grown and locally sourced produce, a broad range of culinary skills and experience is needed for this role.
Daylesford was founded by Carole Bamford in the 1970s out of a simple passion for real food and sustainable practices. Today, our organic farm, farmshops and restaurants have made us one of the most pioneering and ethical food brands in the UK. If sustainable values really matter to you, you will thrive at Daylesford.
- Keep the cookery school course content at the forefront of innovation and capture food trends
- To inspire customers/students to love great tasting organic food and artisan techniques
- To create and nurture a positive, diligent and passionate Daylesford Cookery school team inspired to deliver consistent excellence
- To prepare and deliver realistic sales and EBITDA forecast
- Train and coach your team through performance review and personalised learning & development
- Provide content and ensure cookery school Instagram account remains on brand
- To act as a role model to the cookery school team in terms of work ethic, cooking quality, communication and professional skills
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme with life insurance
- Subsidised private medical insurance
Apply to this role
If you wish to apply to this role, email your application to email@example.com with ‘Cookery School Manager in your email subject’.