Our three-day Autumn Wellness Retreat at Daylesford is inspired by the rhythms of the seasons and the healing powers of nature.
As the season of harvest and gratitude after the intensity of summer, autumn is a time of transformation. This restorative retreat has been created to nurture, nourish and restore in harmony with the natural world.
Over a long weekend, you will enjoy healing treatments, classes and workshops and an abundance of nourishing organic food in the peaceful serenity of the Cotswolds countryside.
THE AUTUMN WELLNESS RETREAT INCLUDES:
- Crystal sound healing in the Bamford Wellness Spa
- A three-night stay in the Daylesford cottages (please note you may be sharing space with other retreat guests, depending on the number of people in your party)
- Yoga with our resident yogi practitioner
- Meditation with our resident yogi & meditation teacher from the Bamford Wellness Spa
- Bamford bespoke facial
- Bamford de-stress massage
- Restorative wellness workshop with our resident nutritionist Rhaya Jordan
- Immersive cookery class in our award-winning sustainable Cookery School
- A supper in the private dining room at The Wild Rabbit, including transport to and from your Daylesford cottage
- Market Garden tour with Jez Taylor, head of the Market Garden
- Delicious organic food sourced straight from our farm
- Meals from The Trough, our farmshop café
- Take the opportunity to use free time to explore the stunning countryside on your doorstep with our suggested farm walks
- Guests will have access to the herbal steam room, crystal sauna and a wellness pool in the Bamford Wellness Spa
- Guests will be given 10% discount cards to use during their stay, valid in the Farmshop, Cookery School, Garden, on floristry workshops and the Bamford wellness spa. Discount cards cannot be used at The Wild Rabbit, The Old Spot, Legbar, The Trough or on Bamford fine jewellery.
- Option to extend your stay or add further treatments and classes, subject to availability
WELLNESS WORKSHOP WITH RHAYA JORDAN
The Autumn Wellness Retreat begins with a welcome workshop hosted by our resident nutritionist and naturopath Rhaya Jordan, a chance for guests to settle in and consider the days ahead.
Rhaya will explore why we naturally turn to richer, more earthy flavours in the autumn, full of the minerals and nutrients we need to replenish ourselves before winter. Rhaya will share insights on gut health, ferments, vitamins and seasonal ingredients, with advice on how to optimise your wellbeing with the food you eat and the importance of gratitude and reflection as the seasons change.
RELAX, RESTORE AND REVIVE IN THE BAMFORD WELLNESS SPA
The treatments and classes included in the Autumn Wellness Retreat have been created especially for this time of year to prepare you for a peaceful winter hibernation, when rest and rejuvenation are key.
Our resident teacher and mindfulness expert will host yoga, alchemy crystal sound healing, meditation classes and a cacao ceremony in the serene setting of the Bamford Wellness Spa on our Cotswold farm.
The classes combine physical alignment with emotional balance and breathing exercises to focus your awareness and help you let go of worries or thoughts that are holding you back.
You will also enjoy a bespoke facial and de-stress massage using Bamford organic beauty products made with natural ingredients.
THE COOKERY SCHOOL
The Cookery School at Daylesford will be the setting for the immersive cookery class of the Autumn Wellness Retreat.
Our Cookery School tutors teach a wide variety of classes in the beautifully restored Cotswold stone barn, using seasonal ingredients harvested daily from our organic Market Garden.
The recipes and techniques they share are rooted in the seasons, giving you plenty of inspiration and practical ideas to take home. At this time of year, you can expect the rich flavours of autumn’s larder: slow-cooked dishes, broths, earthy root vegetables, greens, hedgerow berries, late autumn fruit and cobnuts, all of which are ideal for sustaining your body in cooler weather.
Find out more about our Cookery School here.
YOUR STAY IN THE DAYLESFORD COTTAGES
During the Autumn Wellness Retreat you will stay in one of our luxurious, peaceful cottages at Daylesford.
With cosy cashmere blankets, log fires, soft organic linens, botanical candles & bath products, they are the perfect place to reflect and unwind.
The larder and fridge will be stocked with organic essentials, wellies will be on your doorstep ready for countryside walks, and our award-winning farmshop is only a few steps away.
Find out more about our cottages here.
The Autumn Wellness Retreat includes a guided tour of our organic Market Garden with our Head Gardener Jez Taylor, who will share his passion for organic horticulture along with many tastes of the season harvested on the spot.
Trying our organic food is as important as learning about it, so during the retreat you will dine at our award-winning country pub The Wild Rabbit and farmshop café The Trough, which both showcase our seasonal organic produce.
If you would like to explore our 2500 acre farm further during free time on the retreat, we have maps of suggested farm walks which are ideal ways to immerse yourself in nature and the changing seasons.
We hope the retreat will help you develop a deeper understanding of the benefits of working with nature, rather than against it, and enable you to continue a mindful, restorative lifestyle through food, thoughts and actions in the coming autumn and winter months.
Friday 8th – Sunday 10th October 2021
Daylesford near Kingham, Gloucestershire, GL56 0YG
Activities begin at 10am on Friday 8th October, the last activity will take place on Sunday evening. Check out is by 10am on Monday 11th October
£1,900 per person, including all accommodation, activities (including treatments & classes), transport to and from The Wild Rabbit, and food. Drinks will be charged in addition.
Please note, we ask guests to book in pairs as you will be sharing accommodation.
The retreat can accommodate up to 8 guests.