Instant tomato & cannellini bean soup – a guest recipe from Amelia Freer
- 2 x 400g tins of good-quality chopped tomatoes, plus ½ a tin (200ml) of cold water to rinse them out
- 1 x 400g tin or jar of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
Recipe from Simply Good For You by Amelia Freer.
This is an ‘instant’ soup. Simply blend the raw ingredients together in a decent blender, and it’s ready. No cooking required. With this particular one, you can even make it when the fridge is looking decidedly bare, as it is mainly composed of tinned ingredients.
Enjoy it gently warmed through, or chilled like a gazpacho. If you have any left over, it freezes well (although heat it through thoroughly before serving).