- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 a rib of celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 a bulb of fennel, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 handful button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 capsules organic 8 mushroom extract
- 3-5 dried shiitake mushrooms or dried porcini mushrooms (optional)
- 1 piece of kombu (optional)
- 750ml organic chicken or vegetable broth, or filtered water
This simple nourishing broth is full of minerals. Adding ORGANIC 8 MUSHROOM EXTRACT, a mighty cocktail of eight different mushrooms associated with improving sleep, inflammation and immunity, transforms the recipe into a potent broth for winter wellness. The natural sweetness of leek and carrot balances and rounds out the flavours.
Recipe created exclusively for Daylesford by our resident nutritionist using our range of supplements.
METHODDIFFICULTY: Easy 15 MINS
Set a large saucepan over a medium heat, drizzle in a little olive oil and lightly sauté the leek, celery, fennel and garlic until they are soft and translucent.
Add in the carrot and the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
Open the ORGANIC 8 MUSHROOM EXTRACT capsules, drop the mushroom powder into the softened vegetables and stir through.
Add the dried mushrooms and kombu if using, cover with broth or water, lower the heat and simmer very gently for 10 mins.
Serve and enjoy. For an extra boost to your gut, you could stir in a teaspoon of miso paste or add a little kimchi to your broth.