- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2cm piece of turmeric, peeled and finely grated
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 10g coriander, finely chopped lime juice, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 organic salmon fillets, with skin
- handful of greens (spinach, roughly chopped chard, cavolo nero or kale)
- handful of cashew nuts, toasted
- sprinkling of coconut chips, toasted
- salt and black pepper
SPICED CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cauliflower (roughly 300g)
- 15g coriander, roughly chopped
- juice of 1⁄4 lime
A wonderfully quick, warming and nourishing salmon curry recipe from the team at our Cookery School. Made with Omega 3 rich salmon, rich in healthy fatty acids to support brain function and healthy skin and hair, it has fast become a firm favourite for a mid-week supper.
A note on sourcing your fish:
The future of many fish species is under threat due to irresponsible fishing practices so it is vital we are mindful with our choices. Always check the provenance of your seafood or consult the Marine Stewardship Council website to be sure of its sustainability.
If you are looking to enhance your wellbeing with new, exciting and innovative dishes, why not join our Cookery School team for an array of hands-on and immersive courses. Find more details at daylesford.com/cookeryschool or call the team at 01608 731 620.
For the curry, put the cumin and coriander seeds into a pan over a low heat and leave for 2–3 minutes or until the the aromas are released. Transfer to a pestle and mortar and grind coarsely. Return to the pan with the coconut oil, garam masala, turmeric, shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté until the shallots have softened.
For the full recipe, please download our free Wellbeing in Winter recipe eBook below.