Round banneton proving basket
Part of traditional breadmaking, this round banneton proving basket will help you create superb loaves at home.
The natural wicker material supports the dough’s shape and create a perfect crust as it proves, while also giving an attractive look to the finished baked bread.
Designed to hold up to 500g dough during its final prove.
Not intended as a baking vessel; dough should tipped out of the banneton when it is time for it to be baked in the oven.
An essential piece of kit for sourdough enthusiasts.
21.5cm diameter x 8 cm height
country of origin
For the basket:
- Before you use the proving basket for the first time you should lightly dust it with flour and leave it for 12 hours. Then dust it with flour before use every time.
- Cleaning your proving basket after use – you need to let it dry out, this will normally take 24 hours. When it is dry, use a stiff bristle brush to remove any dry dough and old flour. Then it should be stored in a well ventilated place.
- If you wish to wash the baskets you should use cold water with a little vinegar in it. Soak for a few minutes and then scrub the basket very gently. DO NOT USE SOAP. You will need to dry the basket well before using again.
- The baskets can be dried out in an oven set at no more than 100 degrees Celsius for about 5 minutes with the door open. Then it should be stored in a well ventilated place.
For the liner:
- Let it dry out on a rack or clean surface after every use. When it is dry, brush gently to remove any dry dough and flour.
- You can put the liners in the washing machine at 40 degrees, or hand wash in warm water with a little bit of detergent. Do not use fabric softener. Then allow to dry.
- You can store the liner separate to the basket, or if the basket is completely dry, you can store together.