Roast Organic Turkey
- 3hr 20min
Daylesford Organic whole turkey or crown
1 pack Daylesford pork sausagemeat (454g)
Please note these are guidelines only and all ovens vary.
* Wash hands and clean all surfaces and utensils after handling raw poultry.
and ensure fully thawed before cooking.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Remove giblets and set aside (keep for making a traditional gravy). Stuff the turkey neck cavity with the pork sausagemeat. Rub the olive oil and melted butter over the turkey skin and season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper inside and out.
2. Place the turkey in a roasting tin in the oven and cook at 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for the first 40 minutes of the total cooking time (see guidelines above). Then turn the temperature down to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 for the remainder of the total cooking time.
3. Baste the turkey frequently during cooking. If the skin starts to take on too much colour, use foil to cover. Add 250ml water to the turkey juices in the roasting tin to prevent drying out.
4. At the end of the cooking time, take the roasted turkey out of the oven. We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature is 70°C for 2 minutes. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving. It may be tempting to bring your turkey to the table immediately, but the resting time allows the juices to soak into the meat, which will produce more succulent results. Ensure the turkey is thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
We use DPD to deliver items to addresses throughout mainland UK.
You may select your preferred delivery day during check-out. Next day deliveries have a cut-off time of 12pm (please note next day delivery is not available on all items).
Gift messages may be added at check-out.
Your order will arrive in a Daylesford branded, 100% recycled cardboard box packed with shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled.
Please visit our Delivery & Returns page for more information.